VBT# Drops of Rain - Kathryn Anderson






Review: Drops of Rain - Book #1 Hale Brothers Series - Kathryn Andrews - August 2014

First up, this was such a lovely read and though it does touch on the gritty and edgy side with family abuse both physical/verbal and emotional as well as death. It was such a good read and yes , readers this book made me cry. I think though the reason this book touched me as it did is that the main character's mum passed away and she counts the days since she last spoke to her mum. For those who don't realise, I lost my Mum at the start of the year and due to being away in America when she passed , I feel like it has been a long time since I heard her voice and so reading this book made me remember my mum and my own pain of loss. In Drops of Rain, Ali's mum has passed away from Cancer and her father has moved them to a small beachtown. One day, while out swimming Ali meets a hot guy out in the water. His name is Drew Hale and though the Hale brothers are seen as perfect and have the perfect life, behind closed doors it is anything but perfect as those who read Drops of Rain will discover. Over the course of the book, readers will read as both Ali and Drew struggle to let one another in , in fear that A) their hearts will break and B) that they aren't good enough for the other. Readers, this is one of those books that mixes a budding romance with an edgy side. It is the Teen Version slightly of The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden or any other Jessica Sorensen books mixed with Lia Riley's On the Map Series.
Drops of Rain readers is a book worth reading and one read you won't regret. I am now looking forward to reading and discovering the other two Hale Brother's stories in future years.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid