Review: Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins




Review: Mockingjay - Book #3 The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins - August 2010

So this book is another one of those books that I should have read ages ago, but decided against it as to be completely honest the whole Hunger Games Trilogy isn't really my favourite series. It is a good dystopian teen series and all and I did enjoy it, but there are better things I should be reading and wasting my time with than this book. I have finally read it though as A) to finish the trilogy and B) because the Mockingjay Part One movie is out and I am the type of person who prefers to read the book first, then see the film unless I'm oblivious to the fact it was a book first then a movie. I kind of had a fair idea about this book and how it would go , of course after the Quarter Quell finished we saw Katniss injured and delivered to the now "District 13" after her hometown was destroyed, she believed that Peeta was dead but turns out he was really kidnapped by President Snow and brainwashed into believing Katniss is the evil one. We read the aftermath of the rebellion in the Quarter Quell with bombings, murder galore. We moved on to planning to get Peeta and the other's who weren't so lucky in getting out without being harmed back. Katniss became the symbol of hope for the future - The Mockingjay. President Snow has his whole "White Rose" thing going on. We all knew it was coming , the sad part where Katniss's sister Prim was killed and then of course Katniss hating Gale and him not forgiving himself as it was one of his bombs -possibly that killed her.  Katniss trying to kill President Snow , only to have it backfire as of course we all know he can't be trusted and is a big fat LIAR but then again he will get his revenge on him. What I didn't expect though was the fact that they all voted that the Hunger Games continue - this part made me go WTF you went through all that mayhem, hurt and rebellion to stop the games and now you want to continue them. I am all for Symbolism but I'm sure there is another way like how about a month of fasting , no makeup etc. One thing that did make up for this book though was the Epilogue - to me this would have to be my favourite part as it was so beautifully and poetically written.
So now readers, I am off to see the film and will report back my thoughts.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid