Review: Photoplay - Hallie Ephron



Review: Photoplay - Hallie Ephron- February 2015

When I picked up this book , I wasn't sure what to expect as I had assumed that it was a short story by Hallie Ephron. The book starts off with a party hosted by Bunny Nichol's who is a Hollywood actress and Duane Foley has been hired or so he thinks to take pictures of the party as a celebrity photographer.  As I started reading the book, I had in my mind a contemporary novel but as past actors and actresses names started to appear I realised that the book was actually set in about the 1940's - 1950's as his latest photograph included John F Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe cosying up together and celebrities like Tony Curtis, James Dean are all mentioned in this story.  All is going well, until disaster strikes and it is discovered that someone is dead and now the only one with photographic evidence of what happened that night is Duane. Though this isn't your average murder as everyone is saying that "They did It" . Was this the reason that Duane was hired ? What has happened here and is it a publicity stunt or more ?
Photoplay as it turned out is in fact the prequel novel to her new and upcoming full length novel "Night, Night. Sleep Tight". Which after reading Photoplay and developing a base line of the story I am looking forward to reading.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid