Review: Smash and Grab - Amy Christine Parker



Smash & Grab

Review: Smash and Grab - Amy Christine Parker - July 2016

As soon as I saw the cover of this book, I knew I wanted to read it. I am one of those readers who love my teen adventure/spies type stories. Also when I originally saw this cover and book, I was still on a high from finishing the Pretty Crooked series, so I was all about "Heist and Robbery" type stories. The other thing that got me was that the tagline mentioned "Oceans Eleven" and I loved that movie series. The book starts out with wealthy girl Lexi and her group of friends jumping and parachuting from a building; they seem like a group of in the dark adrenaline junkies. For Lexi, it is an escape mechanism as she has just learned her father has gone to prison for bank fraud and her family have lost everything. On the other side of the tracks is Christian, he is a poorer neighborhood and has found his mates and him caught up with the local gangs. One thing leads to another, and they head to pull off a bank job which has the meeting of Lexi and Christian. Lexi believes her Dad was set-up by his boss and supposed friend, so she goes undercover as an intern for the bank to find out the truth and runs into Christian. One thing leads to another, and the pair finds themselves not only falling for one another but discovering that in a blackmail sort of way, that they can help out one another and so begins a joining of forces - each with their set of values, morals, and reasons behind what they are about to do. When the stakes get higher, will both teams still do their bit to pull off a successful heist or will Lexie's friends who have less to lose pull out? Find out in this awesome teen novel that fans of Heist Society by Ally Carter will love and enjoy as much as I did.





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid