Review : The Other Daughter - Shalini Boland


The Other Daughter

Review: The Other Daughter - Shalini Boland - November 2019
Nine years ago, when Rachel was at the mall her young daughter Holly was taken and never seen again. Years later, she is living in Dorset with her younger children Jess and Charlie. All has been well but Rachel never forgot about Holly - her oldest, she has though however managed to keep it a secret from her husband whom she met after her previous marriage dissolved after Holly went missing. All is going well in her life until she meets a new family that has moved to town - Kate and Shaun as Rachel get a shock when she sees their oldest daughter Bella.  Bella is the spitting image of Holly and around the same age. Rachel soon becomes convinced that Bella is her daughter and that Kate kidnapped Holly. When Matt learns about Rachel's past he makes her see a therapist and then things start to spiral for Rachel as she discovers she will do anything to get her daughter back. The Other Daughter by Shalini Boland was an amazing thriller and OMG the twists and turns in the last few chapters had me blown away as I never saw the ending coming. Normally I am not too keen on UK Mysteries as they tend to be a bit more slower-paced but the twists and turns of The Other Daughter meant that this comes across as quite a fast-paced novel.  The Other Daughter by Shalini Boland was an awesome psychological thriller and a nice change from the bullymances I had been reading lately as often when I find myself reading the same trope, I need to mix it up and I tend to go with mysteries and one of my favorite mystery tropes is abductions and missing children which I wonder stems from the fact that as a child I was taken twice by strangers but thank goodness it was only for very short times and my parents got me back straight away.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid