Review: Faith Still Moves Mountains - Harris Faulkner



Review: Faith Still Moves Mountains - Harris Faulkner - November 2022
I’ll admit that I’ve been a little slack this year when it comes to reading non-fiction. One of my reading goals was to mix things up a little and include more non-fiction on my TBR, and while I have managed to read a handful, it definitely hasn’t happened as often as I intended. So when Faith Still Moves Mountains by Harris Faulkner arrived as one of my birthday books through a Birthday Bookstagram group I’m part of, I was intrigued to see what this collection of faith-based stories would have to offer.
And honestly, this was a lovely reminder of why sometimes it’s good to step outside our usual reading comfort zones.
Faith Still Moves Mountains is a collection of powerful stories and testimonies that explore moments when people have experienced God’s presence, guidance and miracles in their lives. At its heart is the message that even in a world that can sometimes feel incredibly dark, uncertain and overwhelming, there is still light and faith can help us find it.
What I particularly enjoyed about this book is that these stories don’t simply feel like distant accounts of faith. They are about real people facing real challenges, uncertainty and difficult circumstances. Their experiences offer reminders that sometimes we don’t see the bigger picture while we are going through something, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t hope on the other side.
One of the things that stood out to me was the emphasis on prayer. The book reminds us that prayer isn’t simply a ritual or something we turn to when everything else fails. Instead, it can be an incredibly powerful spiritual tool , a way of finding strength, perspective and hope when life feels like it is testing us.
The book also includes an exclusive booklet of newly written prayers created with our current times in mind. I really appreciated this addition because it takes the messages and lessons from the stories and gives readers something practical to carry forward into their own lives.
Reading this book was a gentle reminder for me that sometimes we all need a little hope. Whether you are deeply rooted in your faith or simply looking for stories that remind you that good things can happen even during difficult times, there is something comforting here.
Faith Still Moves Mountains left me thinking about the power of belief, the importance of prayer and the possibility of finding light even when everything around us feels dark.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/4qP4UkE

Comments
Post a Comment