Review: Dig Two Graves - Gigi Johnston








Review: Dig Two Graves - Gigi Johnston - September 2024

I'll be honest with you, dear readers, I finished this book at 1am, wide awake, silently cheering for a killer. That's not something I say often, but Dig Two Graves earns it.

Gigi Johnston opens with a premise that guts you before the story even gets going: two children, a boy and a girl, trapped in a children's home that was supposed to protect them and instead became the place that broke them. The boy escapes. Years pass. He comes back  not as a victim, but as a reckoning. One by one, the adults who hurt him start turning up dead, and I found myself flipping pages hoping he'd get to the next name on his list before anyone stopped him. Gigi Johnston has a rare gift for writing vigilante justice that never feels gratuitous, every death lands with weight, but never sympathy for the ones who deserved it.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the case, Officers Brady and Jones are doing what good detectives do: following threads that keep fraying in their hands. I loved this pairing. Brady's the steady one, Jones is sharper and more restless, and their dynamic gives the book its emotional ballast whenever the killer's chapters get almost too intense to sit with.

Dig Two Graves is dark, propulsive, and quietly devastating a thriller that knows exactly which lines to walk and doesn't flinch from any of them. Highly recommend, especially if you like your justice served cold and your endings to actually mean something.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

COVER REVEAL - Subscriber Wars by Kristy Marie