Review: Verity - Colleen Hoover



Verity

Review: Verity - Colleen Hoover - December 2018
You know how you have those books that you get when they first release and then it takes you a while to get around to reading it, for me that was Verity by Colleen Hoover. Now I have read almost all of Colleen's books minus a couple, that I have and just haven't gotten around to it. Now, this particular book, I had heard a lot about, and readers had said it was different from her previous and scary. As I opened it and started reading it, I could see how it was different from her prior work, and I'm not sure if it was intentional as it was dedicated to Taryn Fisher, but I could see Verity being heavily influenced as it was similar to her work. The book starts with Lowen having a chance meeting with Jeremy ( I do have to admit I imagined Jeremy Sisto in my head for this character), then learns he is the husband of a famous writer - Verity Crawford who is braindead. Lowen is given the opportunity to finish her books for her. When she arrives, she is clearing the office and finds an unpublished memoir filled with dark secrets and confessions. During this time, Lowen swears Verity is playing on her injuries, but she is the one that looks like she is cray cray. Verity had a shocking ending which does leave options for the reader to think about. As a writer and thriller lover, I did enjoy this book, but I have to admit I did feel that it had been hyped up a bit too much as someone who's read a hell of a lot of thrillers. If you are wanting an intense ride with a bit of thrill or have read Taryn Fisher's book Mudvein, then you will enjoy Verity by Colleen Hoover.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid