Review: Don't Call Me Greta - Angie Stanton






Don't Call Me Greta

Review: Don't Call Me Greta - Angie Stanton - April 2021



Lately this past month I have found myself in a bit of a book rut, where I try reading a book and I just can't seem to sink my teeth into it. When I was contacted to read and review Don't Call Me Greta by Angie Stanton. I was so excited as I thought this book will get me out of my reading slump as I had previously enjoyed Angie's books and secondly the whole "Stolen at Birth" is one of my top favorite book tropes out there. The book starts with Piper begging her mum to allow her to go on a campus tour and then the next thing Piper knows her whole life has been turned upside down as the cops storm her house accusing her mother of kidnapping. Piper knows this has to be a big mistake as her mother is the most cautious person and has never stolen anything let alone what they are accusing her of - stealing a baby. As the book goes along, we are presented with a situation that reminded me of the MTV Show Finding Carter where Piper discovers her whole life is a lie and that she should have been growing up as Greta Grout, not Piper Ann Winslow. Piper doesn't want her life to change and so she decides to go on the run with her brother Zach's best friend Finn and escape the idea of going to live with her "birth family". Of course, all things must come to an end. What will happen when Piper is delivered to her "biological family" - will they be open to her or will she find it like living in prison as she dreams of being reunited with Zach and the mum who raised her aka her kidnapper? Find out in this heartbreaking but powerful novel that will tug at your heartstrings as we feel for Piper/Greta having to navigate not only one family but two and starting all over in a life that should have been hers but doesn't feel right?


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3tGS09n





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid