VBT# My Twin Sister - Alesha Dykema


Review: My Twin Sister - Alesha Dykema - August 2026
There are some thriller tropes that I just can’t resist, and long-lost family members, missing people and someone coming back from the dead are definitely high on my list. So when I picked up My Twin Sister by Alesha Dykema, I was immediately intrigued. Because how would you react if the twin sister you believed had died eighteen years ago suddenly walked into your father’s funeral?
That is exactly what happens to Gen.
Grace was supposed to have drowned when the sisters were just nineteen. Gen has spent nearly two decades believing that her twin is gone, so seeing Grace standing there, alive and well, is understandably a huge shock. But the surprises don’t stop there. Grace reveals that she suffered from amnesia and has only just remembered who she really is.
Except Gen doesn’t believe her.
And there’s a very good reason for that. Grace was once in love with Gen’s husband, Wyatt. Suddenly, Gen is living the life that Grace once dreamed of having, and the return of her supposedly dead sister brings a whole lot of questions, tension and uneasiness into her world.
I really enjoyed the central mystery of this story. That feeling of something isn’t quite right here kept me turning the pages, and I loved watching Gen try to piece together what really happened all those years ago. As a reader, I was constantly wondering who could be trusted and what Grace was hiding.
I did find that, as the story progressed, there were quite a few different storylines developing, and at times things became a little muddled for me. I would have preferred a slightly tighter focus on the main mystery, as that was the part I found most compelling.
That said, My Twin Sister was still a good, enjoyable thriller and definitely ticked one of my favourite trope boxes. There’s something deliciously unsettling about a person returning from the dead, especially when everyone thought they were gone for almost two decades.
If you enjoy family secrets, missing persons, twists, complicated relationships and the “coming back from the dead” trope, this one is worth adding to your reading list.
For me, it was a solid 3-star read, an intriguing premise, plenty of secrets and a mystery that kept me curious right through to the end.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/4zgq8LR


Comments
Post a Comment