Review: Allegiant - Veronica Roth




Review: Allegiant - Book #3 Divergent Series - Veronica Roth - October 2013

One of the things I am always wary of is finishing a series as I wonder do I really want to finish it as will I be disappointed with the results or will I be happy with the way it concludes ? What amazes me though with the power of the internet is how people can go about their daily lives and bash authors in the process about their books because something didn't set right with them. Allegiant was one of those books that was bashed , so I made a point of not reading any reviews about it and from the first page, I was hooked and could not put it down. I did find about halfway through the novel - it got a tad slow for my liking but of course I persevered and OMG the last few chapters came and I had tears in my eyes and was like NOOOOOOOOOO - how could Veronica do that to us poor readers :) This was a tissue moment. As a reader, something I am not too keen on is the alternate POVs in chapters - one off/ one on. In Allegiant , Veronica Roth has taken a leaf out of Marie Lu's and Rachel Caine's books and written Allegiant in both Tobias aka Four and Beatrice aka Tris's POVs. In this instance though, I congratulate the author as she has done it perfectly and the story flowed beautifully. You will note thy readers, that in this review I am trying to skate past what the book was about as I do not want to spoil it for you, so I shall leave it with these parting words - if you wish to see how the series concludes, then what are you waiting for - get off your seats and grab a copy of Allegiant as readers it will be worth it as you turn that final page.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid