Review: Spark - Rachael Craw




 

Review: Spark - Book #1 Spark Series - Rachael Craw - July 2014

Wanting to discover a new NZ teen author ? Often some New Zealand authors aren't very exciting to read and you find yourself struggling through their books whereas others are amazing and you find yourself surprisingly enjoying their book. That's what I found with Spark. I picked this book up as I was inspired first by the cover as I had just seen the movie Lucy and the cover reminded me of the final scene in the movie. Then when I saw it was written by a NZ author that got me wanting to read it just that little bit more.  I am glad I did as Spark was an amazing read and not what I had expected. In Spark we meet Evie, who discovers that she is someone who has had this extra DNA sparked within her and is a protector. Her first project to save happens to be her best friend Kitty and though people say that you never save your first, there is no way in hell that Evie is going to let her best friend die especially after she has lost everyone she cares about. What is interesting is that unlike the others with this gene, Evie is already well-advanced for a beginner and will have to learn along the way how to control the urges to save and keep alive herself as there are others out there who want to kill the people with the gene like Evie and worst is that her friend's brother and the one Evie loves belongs to the organisation that want her dead. What happens though that during this , Evie will discover the truth of her birth and discover that there is a lot more of her past that has been hidden from her and that it may be the key to solving who wants to kill Kitty.
If you are intrigued and want to find out more , then check out Spark by Rachael Craw. A NZ Book I hope to see up for one of our kiwi awards in the year to come.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid