VBT# Serendipity - Janet Niessenson



Serendipity (Inevitable, #1)

Review: Serendipity - Book #1 Inevitable Series - Janet Nissenson - December 2013

First off , I have to say that I loved this cover and the title drew me to the story as I love the word "Serendipity" it has this romantic and happy feel to the word. Reading this book I was in two minds as I wanted to love it as it was a great story about second chance romances which I am a sucker for , but the thing that I hated was the characters backgrounds and stories didn't set right with me. We have Nate who is engaged to a girl he has been with for two years and really he shouldn't be marrying her as he felt "the pressure" to say Yes. I wanted to say "man up" to Nate as if you don't want to marry her , then dump her - don't play with her heart as that makes you not a very nice guy. He is off in New York for an Architect's conference and is out running one morning through Central Park - this made me smile as I remembered the time I was there in December 2013. Out running he spots a gorgeous woman and he doesn't stop as he's like I'm engaged and you are thinking good on ya mate. Then later he heads with a friend to the Starbucks which if you know New York , there is literally one on every corner and to his amazement is the girl whom we later discover is name is Julia. He talks to her and then again, reminds himself he is married - he can't have her and we are still thinking - what strong morals you have to resist temptation in front of you. Third time around , he is at the Hotel and who does he spot in the bar but Julia and it is discovered he can't hold onto his morals and they sleep together - at this stage I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you gave into temptation. The pair of course do their thang and sleep together and then he wakes up the next day and tells her it was a mistake which leads her to tears. They go their separate ways only to have them met again weeks later as she is the new desginer for his architecture firm and I have to say he goes all jerky and basically accuses her of stalking him. Of course the rest of the book they have this forbidden yes/no romance and back and forward chemistry and they finally do get their HEA as they come to the conclusion that all their meetings were really serendipitous moments and that when something like this and situations occur , you really should go with your heart and not let it pass you by - which this part I did love.
Therefore , I shall part with the last words of if you mind cheating and love a HEA then this book is for you but if you aren't keen on jerks , then this won't be the read for you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid