Review: The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss - Max Wirestone


 

The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss

Review: The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss - Max Wirestone - October 2015

I am a fan of what I like to call geek chic lit , I am a geek girl myself and love everything from Superheroes to Books and I collect Pop Funkos. So when I saw this book advertised, I knew I had to read it- there was no doubt about it and I loved it. The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss made me laugh out loud in parts , made me want a friend like Dahlia's crazy roommate and their antics made me LOL.  The book reminded me as well as Dahlia's character of Izzy Spellman from Lisa Lutz's mystery series "The Spellman Files". The only downside with this book was that it was a bit slow written and there were moments I wanted to stop reading , but then I perservered as I knew I would enjoy the storyline. Dahlia Moss has been hired by a guy called Jonah Long to retrieve an item that was stolen from him on his RPG Zoth - this made me laugh as it reminded me of the episode where Sheldon called the Police on The Big Bang Theory when his items were stolen. During the course of the investigation, Jonah turns up actually dead and killed by a replica of the item Dahlia is searching for . Are the two cases connected , can Dahlia find out who stole the item and evidently also the identity of the killer before the police can ?  This book is the perfect read for those Fangirls of the Geek Gaming World and also those who have ever dreamed about becoming the next Veronica Mars , Charley Davidson and Stephanie Plum.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid