Review: Even If It Hurts - Marni Mann


Even If It Hurts

Review: Even If It Hurts - Marni Mann - January 2020
I had been in the mood for an ugly cry book and figured with the title Even If It Hurts, that it would be an emotional read and in a way, it was but wasn't the teary emotional I was looking for at the time. This book more played at your emotional ethics and morals. The book features intensity when it comes to love, that feeling of love that people only experience once or twice in life if they are lucky as some people may never feel it. Our main female character Chloe felt that intense love twice and it caused her to make some decisions that she wasn't happy about. The first time she discovered what love really was, she was studying in London and fell for Oliver.  A future though for them wasn't in the cards, but as the years pass each definitely felt the what-if question. Needing to move on with her life, Chloe met Lance and fell for him. It wasn't as strong as Oliver but she definitely loved him and he gave her the whole world. When Chloe is offered an experience of a lifetime working in Amsterdam for six months, she jumps at it and Lance being the supportive husband approves her taking the job. What Chloe didn't expect though was that in the same building and offices would be none other than Oliver, ten years later - her feelings are still present and without meaning it to happen - the pair start an affair. When that six months is up though, Chloe heads back home to Lance yet her heart is divided. Even If It Hurts is a Love Triangle novel and leaves the readers with What If? scenarios running through their minds. Even If It Hurts is about saying goodbye to the ones you truly love if it means, in the long run, they have a chance to be happy despite the consequences.  I personally was in two minds about this book as I loved the whole idea of love lost as I know myself what it feels like as I have had a connection to two guys myself and if I met up with the other guy - I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. I would hope I would be strong but I am not 100% sure I could be. The thing I didn't enjoy was the fact that she cheated on her husband and didn't have the guts to tell him.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid