VBT# The Day He Went Away - Jennifer Millikin



Image result for the day he went away jennifer

Review: The Day He Went Away - Jennifer Millikin - Re-Released February 2020
Remember the book The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and how that tugged at your heartstrings and had a strong emotional hold on the reader, that is how I found The Day He Went Away by Jennifer Millikin. First off, I do have to say how much I am loving the new cover and have a cover crush on it and reading this story definitely left me with thoughts myself how I would cope if my partner died as like Ethan was to Kate, he is my best friend and though we have only been together the last 8 and 1/2 years, we have known each other for almost 16 years.  The Day He Went Away starts with Ethan coming home from his deployment and staying with Kate as they usually do, but this time Kate has something to tell him - something that Ethan has wanted to hear for years. She is head over heels in love with him. Finally, Ethan's dream has come true and they spend a wonderful time together until he heads back to the war. While he is away from Kate the pair Skype until danger strikes and Ethan is killed in action. Of course what follows is Kate's downward spiral as who is she without Ethan - the one person whose been there since they were five years old, the one constant in her life and whom she thought was her forever guy. Enter Nick - this is the part that reminded me of the Last Letter as Nick was Ethan's friend from the military and he told Nick if anything ever happened to him - he had to promise to take care of Kate. What follows in Kate's spiral is losing everything from friends to her job, but the one rock through the whole time has been Nick. Can Kate allow herself the freedom to move on to Nick or is the ghost of Ethan and her memories holding her back from moving forward? The Day He Went Away definitely tugs at your heartstrings and will make you tear as I don't normally cry in books but found myself tearing up as I read the pages, so if you are needing an emotional release - check out today Jennifer Millikin's The Day He Went Away.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid