VBT# Review: Flirtasaurus - Erin Mallon




Flirtasaurus (The Natural History Series, #1)

Review: Flirtasaurus - Book #1 The Natural History Series - Erin Mallon - July 2020
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book as I expected a couple of laughs as the blurb and taglines sounded funny. What I didn't expect was to find myself hilariously laughing right through the whole book and reading out loud on more than one occasion to my partner - snippets from the book. I loved this book so much as the main characters were both a bit geeky, nerdy and awkward - a bit like myself and the book setting of a museum was amazing as one of my dream jobs is to work in a museum environment - a bit like Te Papa in Wellington would be amazing.  Our main characters even have quirky names as our female lead is Calliope and the male lead is Ralph whom for the first part of the book Calliope thinks his name is Alf. Flirtasaurus is not only about Calliope trying to land her dream job, but also we read as she tries to navigate through her life with new and old friends and family.
I am looking forward to continuing with this series especially if the future books also turn out to be just as hilarious. Erin Mallon's book reminded me of the same LOL humor that we had in Tara Sivec's The Holidays series and the nerdiness from Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series as Janie could give Calliope a run for her money into who is more nerdy, quirky and awkward.  If you love LOL books and Geek Chic Lit, then you will love Erin Mallon's series "The Natural History".







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid