Review: The Obsession - Jesse Q. Sutanto





The Obsession

Review: The Obsession - Jesse Q. Sutanto - February 2021

Ever since I first saw the cover of this book, I knew I wanted to read it as it drew me in and I also loved the sound of the story. Other than that, I went in blind which for me - tends to make me enjoy the story more so than if I had an idea as that's when I get disappointed. The book was a little confusing, to begin with, and we are presented with Logan who is back at High School this semester and ready for a fresh start. We learn that Logan had a "secret relationship", though as we will discover Logan's feelings tend to run more one-sided with a girl named Sophie. Sophie then died and Logan spiraled out of control. Now he's back for a fresh new year and it looks like a new girl in his sights - Delilah. Delilah is new at school and lives with her mum and her mum's abusive cop boyfriend Brandon. Delilah is Sophie's doppelganger and now Logan wants to date her and so his weird stalkerish behavior comes back into play. What will happen though when his cameras catch Delilah aka Dee doing something that could land her in prison? When Delilah tries to break up with Logan, he hangs it over her head and now she is trapped in a controlled relationship. Delilah though as we are about to learn is probably more psychotic than Logan and it looks like he has met his match in the second half Delilah realizes the only way to get control back over her life is to eliminate the problem which is Logan. I have to admit, if you thought Delilah was this pushover little half-Asian, then think again.  I am now looking forward to reading The New Girl which looks from what I gathered at the end of this book - Sophie's story before her death - almost like a prequel to The Obsession.

Amazon
: https://amzn.to/33I2b68








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid