VBT# Woman Last Seen - Adele Parks






Woman Last Seen

Review: Woman Last Seen - Adele Parks - February 2022


Normally this author for me is often a miss, but this particular one though in parts I struggled I did find myself enjoying the book. This is possible because this is one of my favorite tropes. I have always liked reading about people living double lives as it fascinates me the amount of detail, they have to go to keep everything separated so that they don't overlap etc. Woman Last Seen starts by introducing us to Leigh who is married to Mark and has two stepsons Oli and Seb. Lately, Leigh has felt distant from her husband and her stepson Oli as six months ago, he started to turn cold towards her and called her Leigh instead of Mum. Mark says it's a phase but Leigh knows there must be a deeper reason. One day Leigh doesn't come home and turns out she has been kidnapped. Meanwhile, we learn another husband Daan Jaansen has also called to say his wife Kai is missing. Imagine the surprises when it turns out that the wives are identical and soon Woman Last Seen spills the secret that Leigh/ Kai was hiding and we also learn why Leigh's son Oli was mad at her. This was quite a twisted story as you have so many possibilities as to who the kidnapper might be as everyone has a motive and I have to admit when the kidnapper was revealed and then with the ending, it did disappoint me a little as in a way I didn't feel like I got closure with the story yet I know it is a stand-alone. Overall, though Woman Last Seen was a good read and great to see Bigamy from a Woman's perspective as normally it is the Men's view in books.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3FBEFoe








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid