VBT# Be Careful What You Pray For - Nicole Rouse

It's amazing , when the saying "Be Careful What you Pray For" because it actually may ring true, how many times that it has and most of the time it has in ways that you could never had imagined possible.

Reading the summary and first Chapter of today's VBT# Be Careful what you pray for, brought a tear to my eye as it hit pretty close to home especially as part of what I experienced myself last year and though this is a fiction book, Im sure that some of us can relate to the situation that the main character Maya went through and trust me , whether you realise it or not the saying "Be Careful what you pray for as it might come true" is a philosphy, a rule of life some of us should think about applying to reality.

Today's VBT# authoress is Nicole Rouse and we have today an Short Bio about herself , an interview with the prestidged Nicole and an synopsis of her new book out , that is definitely a title I will be adding to my must-read list.

                                                                   

Bio of the Authoress : Nicole Rouse


Nicole S. Rouse developed a passion for writing at a young age. Nicole graduated from Temple University, with a Bachelor of Science in Early and Elementary Education. As a classroom teacher, Nicole took every opportunity to incorporate her appreciation of various forms of writing into the curriculum. She became a member of the Northern Virginia Writing Project,where she promoted and encouraged writing in mathematics. Nicole was a founding member of a literacy team that created plays for students to perform and developed workshops for parents to help their children excel. Happily Ever Now (Urban Christian, 2007) is her debut novel and has ranked consistently on the Top 25 Christian Independent Publishers Best Sellers list. Happily Ever Now received the EDC Creations 2008 Best Book Award. Her sophomore novel, Someone to Love Me (Urban Christian) was picked up by the Black Expressions Book Club® before its June 2009 release date. Be Careful What you Pray for is the third novel and slated for release October 26. 2010.

Be Careful What You Pray For
Book Synopsis : Be Careful What You Pray For - Nicole Rouse - November 2010


Be careful what you pray for is an old adage, but one that Maya Richards comes to discover is more than just a cliché. Third grade teacher Maya Richards has been with her soulmate, Kenneth Green, for over ten years. She never doubted that Kenneth would one day ask for her hand in marriage, but on the eve of their anniversary, Maya asks a question that Kenneth struggles to answer.When their relationship ends abruptly, Maya finds herself alone for the first time in thirteen years. She turns to her family and best friend to help her deal with her heartbreak, but is left to heal on her own. Her parents have discovered a love for traveling, her sister is preparing to move across the country, and her best friend is busy tending to her husband and children.Instead of seeing this time as an opportunity to get closer to God, feeling lost, Maya begs God to send her a new mate. Impatient and desperate, Maya begins a relationship with gym teacher Lloyd Bradford despite the many warning signs.As she struggles to escape a dangerous situation, Maya learns that the relationship that matters most in life is the one that she has with Christ. Will Maya have the strength to break away from Lloyd’s tight reigns, or will she trust God and allow Him to restore peace in her life?





                                                 Interview With the Authoress : Nicole Rouse

Thank you so much for joining us today. Tell us about you outside of being a writer. Who closely surrounds you? Who is your support system?


Outside of being a writer, I enjoy spending time with family and close friends. They have and continue to support and encourage me as I strive to achieve my dreams.

2. How did you get into writing?

Although I’ve been writing since I was in elementary school, I don’t think I realized that I was a writer until college. Friends and family would ask me to help them write papers, letters, and other written documents. Then one day I read Disappearing Acts by Terri McMillan. I think I read that book in one day. The characters felt like people I knew and they dealt with issues that were real to me. I felt like I could write a story about “real” people, too. So, I went home and started writing my first novel.

3. Who or what inspires you to write?

Life. There are so many facets of life that can be explored and written about from different points of view. I am intrigued by relationships; what makes some successful and others fail. For this reason, I create realistic stories that explore why people react the way they do in various situations. For many of us, life is complicated. But, it is my hope that readers will not only be blessed and entertained by my stories, but that they’ll challenge themselves and open a platform for conversations to take place that will heal and/or bless others.

4. Tell us about your book. How did it come about? What is the concept behind it?

Be careful what you pray for is an old adage, but one that Maya Richards comes to discover is more than just a cliché. Third grade teacher Maya Richards has been with her soulmate, Kenneth Green, for over ten years. She never doubted that Kenneth would one day ask for her hand in marriage, but on the eve of their anniversary, Maya asks a question that Kenneth struggles to answer.
When their relationship ends abruptly, Maya finds herself alone for the first time in thirteen years. She turns to her family and best friend to help her deal with her heartbreak, but is left to heal on her own. Instead of seeing this time as an opportunity to get closer to God, feeling lost, Maya begs God to send her a new mate. Impatient and desperate, Maya begins a relationship with gym teacher, Lloyd Bradford, despite the many warning signs.As she struggles to escape a dangerous situation, Maya learns that the relationship that matters most in life is the one that she has with Christ. Will Maya have the strength to break away from Lloyd’s tight reigns, or will she trust God and allow Him to restore peace in her life?

5. When was this book released?

October 26, 2010

6. How many books have you published? Is this your first book? If so, what was the experience like?

Be Careful What you Pray for is my third novel. Having the opportunity to touch so many people is extremely rewarding. When I decided to write Christian fiction, it was because I wanted to create stories that would promote healthy conversations, and in some way inspire others. Many readers have shared how my first novel touched their lives, either because they shared a similar experience, or because it encouraged them to communicate better or reflect on how their lives changed as a result. The fellowships that occurred at the numerous book clubs I’ve visited have truly been a blessing. Together, the members of the book clubs and I have laughed, cried, and shared experiences that left us inspired and encouraged. It feels great to be a part of such a wonderful ministry

7. What's next for you?

I am working on a play for my first novel, Happily Ever Now.

8. Last but certainly not least, what advice would you give an up and coming author?

Never give up! No many how many query letters you send without a favorable reply, or how many doors seem to close, continue to write and stay connected with the literary community. Being a part of a writing community very beneficial. You become exposed to so many events and opportunities that might otherwise go unnoticed. You also meet different people who may be able to help you along the way. On one of my websites, I list ten great tips for new and aspiring writers in a little more detail. You can visit: http://book.nicolerouse.com/literary-matters/  for more information.When I decided I wanted to write books, I did a lot of research. I looked for all the publishing companies that published books in my genre. I volunteered at various nonprofit organizations and local newspapers to strengthen my writing skills and gain experience. I participated in writing workshops and organizations. I also took a few college-level writing courses. All of these things have helped me during my journey. The experience and the people I interacted with along the way have all deposited something into my writing and helped to open doors that had previously been closed.
Thanks for doing the interview. We wish you much success with your book!



                                                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid