Wer'e Doing the Book Blogger Hop


Welcome Blogger Readers , it is my great pleasure to bring forth to you my first Book Blogger Hop for 2011. I wish all a happy year and an awesome year of reading.

                                                             Today's Question:

                         Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"


Hmmm , for me this is an interesting question as I don't actually read one particular genre as I like all types of books I made my blog Eclectic in what I post. In saying this though, there are things that I would read and themes/genres that I wouldn't go near as I know that they are not my cup of tea. For instance , I will read books that have Vampires and Werewolves , Demons etc but I am not keen of Dragons, Goblins etc though again I am swayed to read the occasional witch and wizard. Again, I  will read mystery novels but I am partial to reading American Novels as I find these thrilling, intense and fast paced and occasionally gruesome whereas Im not too keen on English Novels as I find them quite detailed , drawn out and long winded. I really like Chick Lit novels and some romance I will read but if the novel draws at very erotic then Im not really too keen on that either. I love reading Teen Fiction and the occasional Dystopian Novel -I love the whole totatilarian society. What I read though, all depends with A) What my library has a sudden surge of - at the moment I have alot of Christian Fiction on my pile to read and also a lot of Teen Fiction where at another stage it could be alot of Mystery or Paranormal/Supernatural/Fantasy books.

Comments

  1. I've been reading a lot more of the Dystopia lit as well. Though I guess its a natural branching out from my (obsessive) love for Zombies XD

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lexie- Have you read Warm Bodies by Issac Marion - probably one of the best Zombie Books Ive read in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great weekend! :)
    Kristy @ Dreaming By Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm a bit like you, there are things I don't usually go for, but might be persuaded to read eventually if a friend gives a recommendation.

    And you do seem to read all types of books!

    :D

    Happy Book Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, I am here from the Hop. I am also an eclectic reader. I think it is good to be at least somewhat open minded about the types of books we read, because there are great books in all genres. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder whether the taste for dystopias in YA novels responds to an unconscious realization that we are being thoroughly and constantly educated, not by the schools, but by the media. We all hear and see these messages over and over and we all hear and see the same or equivalent ones. It all feels a little too close to Farenheit 451.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hopping by and following! I like your specificity...vampires and werewolves okay, but definitely not goblins and dragons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid