Review: Four to Score - Janet Evanovich



I had a goal that once I heard about the release of the Stephanie Plum movie, that I was to make my way through the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and I am getting through them at a comfortable pace as I finished Book #4 Four to Score last night.
So readers following my adventures in the land of Stephanie Plum , here is Four to Score.
Review: Four to Score - Book #4 Stephanie Plum Series - Janet Evanovich - Originally published Jan 1990 - reprinted June 1999.
It's Stephanie Plum time again , as I make my way through the series and I bring to you my review for Book #4 Four to Score. In Four to Score , we read the introduction of Joyce Barnhardt to the Plum Bounty Hunter Agency. This would have been another smooth transaction like Lula but Joyce just happens to be one of Stephanie's arch-enemies dating back to high school and then when Stephanie caught Joyce bare-assed on their kitchen table and as the book quotes which made me laugh "playing hide the salami" with her then husband now her ex Dickie - the lawyer we meet in Book #3. In Four to Score , the bounty that needs hunting is Maxine Nowicki - an angry gf who stole her ex-boyfriend's car , it seems like an easy score but then again this wouldn't be a Stephanie Plum novel if it was a simple and easy transaction. It seems Maxine has a thing for treasure hunts and sends her ex-boyfriend Eddie on a clue-searching time . Enter Stephanie , she has been hired to find Maxine and the only way she can think of is to help Eddie solve the clues. In Four to Score , we are introduced to another interesting character who assumes the role as Stephanie's Code-Cracker Salvatore aka Sally Sweet , a straight tranvestite. When Sally becomes more involved, his roommate Sugar seems to be getting jealous and goes after Stephanie who is standing in his way of happiness. When Stephanie's flat is burned and a couple of her cars blown up , it definitely seems like things are taking a turn for the worst once again in her life as she is forced to move in with none other than -you guessed it Joe Morelli. When word gets around the neighbourhood , rumours of wedding bells chiming and buns in the oven run a riot. Though when it comes to Stephanie and Joe , who really knows what goes on in their mind except of course the fact that they tend to have alot of sex as we discover that commitment = a carton of condoms.
The only thing that I did find annoying with Four to Score , was that it had so many characters and the storyline/plot was so busy. I'm not sure if it was just this book or whether that is a trait of Janet Evanovich's writings.
Stay tuned as I read and review Book #5 "High Five".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid