VBT# Mornings with Jesus - Ed. Tricia Goyer



Today readers , we have Mornings with Jesus 2012 edited by Tricia Goyer and containing devotions written by a variety of your favourite Christian authors .
Synopsis: Mornings with Jesus 2012 - Various Authors- December 2011
"Be still and know that I am God" is one of the most beautiful verses from the Bible, but it's not easy to practice in this busy world. Mornings with Jesus will help you do just that "be still" in Jesus' beautiful and powerful presence.
For those who are seeking a deeper experience in their relationship with Christ, Mornings with Jesus offers a fresh perspective of who Jesus is (the Healer, the Son of God, the Comforter, the Good Shepherd) and what that means for day-to-day life.
With a warm and friendly voice, 365 short devotional writings on the character and teachings of Jesus encourage readers to greet each day by drawing near to Him and inviting His presence into their day.
Spend time with Jesus at the beginning of each day and experience His nearness and peace in a new way throughout the year.

An Excerpt:
Friday, February 17
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.”
Colossians 3:23–24 (NLT)
When I was in elementary school, star charts and contests motivated me. One summer I read more books than any other kid in our town and my picture made it in the newspaper. In Girl Scouts, I got a certificate and a stuffed animal for all the boxes of cookies I sold. During Vacation Bible School, I won a board game for learning the books of the Bible.
It has been hard not to focus on rewards in my ministry. My attitude can change like the tide if I get a good review or a bad one. Sometimes I’m bummed if I’ve poured work into a project and others don’t notice as I think they should.
I don’t get a certificate or another trinket as I serve Jesus. An eternal inheritance is my reward. And Jesus, of course, doesn’t put a star on a chart for the things we do right. Instead, He is the one who will shine bright in our lives now, and for eternity. I need to remember that. I need to remember that He is the one I work for, and pleasing Him is enough.
Faith Step: When is the last time you worked hard and didn’t get the reward you deserved? Think about that time and consider Jesus looking down on you with approval.“Well done, good and faithful servant.” Write a prayer committing to Him your work and your desire to serve others for His approval.
—Tricia Goyer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid