Review: Begin Again - Mona Kasten



Begin Again (Again, #1)


Review: Begin Again -Book #1 Again - Mona Kasten - October 2017


Before starting this book, I had been in a bit of a book slump the day before. I had tried three books and could not get into any of them. I remembered the following day that a friend had just read this book and she was enjoying it. I figured I would give it a go. I am glad that I did as I enjoyed it. Begin Again had a few of my favorite things from the creation of new identities to edgy issues and angst to roomies/ enemies to lovers storyline. Allie has just moved to a new college and town, she has completely re-created herself even and wants to start fresh. She is desperate for an apartment and meets Kaden White. He reluctantly agrees, and with a  few rules, the pair becomes roommates. Both have family issues which become clear later on in the book, and I wanted to strangle Allie's mother as I was like what a b____ as she lied to get Allie to come to Thanksgiving. During the book, we read as Allie and Kaden have this love/hate back and forth relationship going on. Normally these type of relationships annoy me, but it worked well for Begin Again. I also liked the group of friends; they were all quite hard-case.  Can Allie and Kaden help each other to grow and start fresh together or will their pride and secrets stand in the way of them moving forward and having a future?
Find out in this awesome book that was able to lift me from my reading slump - Begin Again by Mona Kasten, and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings out next.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid