Top Ten Most Unfortunate Names in Literature

Gosh , Today's Top 10 was difficult in trying to come up with the Top 10 Horrible and Unfortunate names in Literature. I struggled but made it to 10. "just".
If you want to participate check out the host blog http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/

  1.  Eugenia - The 4yr old Niece in "Nancy's Theory of Style" - Grace Coppersmith - BTW Check out my Blog for the review , coming soon.
  2. Roland Green - Maximum Exposure -Alison Kent - Too close to Ronald for me and having a colour as a surname.
  3. Roger Gordon- Making Waves - Lorna Seilstand - I can't stand the name Roger.
  4. Bill - Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood Books -Charlaine Harris - Who would call a Vampire Bill or anyone for that matter.
  5. Armpit - Holes -Loius Sachar- I know that it's a nickname but Armpits -come on.
  6. Ron Weasley - Harry Potter -JK Rowling  First off the first name is Ronald and second of all Weasley is such a horrible surname.
  7. Hermonie Granger - Harry Potter -JK Rowling - Sounds like Her-moaning or could be changed to Hormonie .
  8. Beezus from the Series Ramona and Beezus - Ramona is bad enough but calling your child Beezus .
  9. Drea - Harmonic Feedback - Tara Kelly - When I see this name it makes me think of Dreariness and it's not a very uplifiting name.
  10. Katniss - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Now the two main stars had weird names but since I just needed a number 10 , I went with the weirdest Katniss which reminds me of Catnip.

Comments

  1. LOL @ Beezus and Armpit.

    also, i didnt like Drea much either. and when i first read hermoine (over a decade ago) i couldnt even figure out how to pronounce it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always actually liked Hermione! Victor Krum trying to pronnounce her name was funny. "Herm...Hermyoninny."

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vampire named...Bill?

    That's a profoundly meek choice of a name for a vampire.

    Here's my list:
    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/11/nearly-ten-most-unfortunate-character.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I've thought the same thing about a vampire being named Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @The Name Bill- Its always my funniest memory of True Blood S1 when The Vampire Bill tells Sookie his name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ron Weasley doesn't bother me that much, since I have relatives named Ron.

    The Quimbys didn't call their child Beezus, either. Her name is actually Beatrice... but Ramona called her Beezus when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised none of Douglas Adams' or Terry Pratchett's characters got a guernsey in this list. Then again, I suppose their names were often unfortunate on purpose. Moist von Lipwig, Gag Halfrunt, Fenchurch...
    And I think Bill is an inspired choice for a vampire name. I have only read the first three books and not seen the show, but I thought Charlaine Harris handled the comedy of his name very deftly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Willsin - The reason that those two didn't make my list is because Im not a Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett Fan lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid