Unlocked - Karen Kingsbury


It's Christian Fiction time again and Today's book is one that I would highly recommend to everyone and it doesn't matter whether you are a Christian or not - don't let that put you off reading it and giving it a try as I was telling a friend about it and as soon as she saw the cross - she made a scoff like it's christian fiction- one of those.  This book is also one that was on my wishlist and I got to read it :) YARTA "yay in jap"

                                                                 Unlocked

                                      Review: Unlocked - Karen Kingsbury- October 2010

As I said before this is a book that I would highly recommend to everyone to read and please don't be put off by the fact that it is a christian fiction. As always Karen Kingsbury has crafted an amazing story and touched on a subject that is seen in many households and in real life and as usual her books are always heart-warming and touching that in points you feel like tearing up. In Unlocked it is about an Autistic boy named Holden Harris whom at 3 years turned autistic and stopped talking completely. For his parents , this was the hardest time as they lost their best friends and soon their marriage started to strain, so her husband took jobs as far away as home as he could . Now in high school Holden  and his family are about to get the miracle that they have been praying for since his diagnosis. At school Holden is re-acquainted with Ella his best friend before his diagnosis. Ella develops a soft spot for Holden and notices that he has a love of singing and dancing , is Ella the miracle that God has provided for Holden to get him out of his shell and re-open that voice of his . In this novel as one girl's journey to create a miracle , ends up bringing two miracles - a reunion of best friends and the re-ignition of Holden's parents marriage. However , all is not happy as we witness a suicide in the novel of one of Holden and Ella's friends. Will Michael's suicide be a turning point and ignite a change in people's attitudes?


Comments

  1. I’ve been a big fan of Karen Kingsbury for many years and I thoroughly enjoyed Unlocked.

    This is a stand-alone novel that I wish was part of a series – I enjoyed the characters so much I want more! The funny thing is that I usually complain about the way novels in series feel like unfinished books with too many loose ends. (shrug)

    Anyway, I just posted more of my thoughts on this book on my blog at www.tracysbooknook.com.

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid