Review: Handpicked - Dani Oden


Image result for sororities symbols

Handpicked

Review: Handpicked - Book #1 Pledged Series - Dani Oden - August 2014



Ever wondered what it would be like to join a sorority and be part of a sisterhood of loving girlfriends? That's what it looks like to the outside world but once you are in the facade of a HEA is wiped away as you enter those dark doors and pledge your life, you become one of them, one of those who can't turn your back now as you know all their secrets and sometimes the only way out is death which this book includes as Jill never wanted to rush and be one of "those girls," but she was talked into it by her friend. She rushes and gets in and soon their social calendar's and lives are filled with rules and strange occurrences happening. Is this sorority more than your usual ones as it has secret rooms, robes, and bloody hands? When one of their members goes missing during a hazing, Jill jumps on the case along with Hannah, a new fellow pledge to try and get to the bottom of it all. Handpicked's plot jumps about, and in places, I found it a tad confusing. I was hoping for more of a mystery feel than I got but overall if you love the sorority life and their inner-workings then Handpicked by Dani Oden is for you. As a New Zealander, I feel we don't have the greek frat/sorority system like the states, so it had always fascinated me and one of my favorite parts when I visited America was when my friend Nina and I walked down Greek row at Vanderbilt University in Nashville and saw the different sorority houses and sizes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid