Review: Do You Dare ? - Lylah James



Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)

Review: Do You Dare ? - Book #1 Truth and Dare Duet Series - Lylah James - September 2019


This book I was talked into reading as I had a couple of friends who had read it and wanted to talk and vent about it, so in between dying my hair yesterday I decided to give it a go. I wasn't sure what I was in for, just for the fact that I may have to vent at the end of it. OMG they were right, not many books have affected me after reading them and finishing but there was something about Do You Dare? that had me feeling incomplete once I had finished the book. I felt let-down and I wanted more. It's hard to explain but I just felt like something was missing but I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was missing from the story. The book starts with Lila being late for school and then being bumped into by Maddox in the coffee shop. This led to the coffee being spilled and the start of a war. Both Maddox and Lila are competitive and not ones to back down and instead of a simple apology, the pair starts hardcore pranking one another. I did like how we saw that pranks ran in Lila's family with her grandparents and parents.  We caught glimpses of Maddox's life but was mainly focused on Lila for Do You Dare? This part annoyed me as we saw only parts of the interactions of Maddox's family and we knew they supposedly hated him but not why they did. I was hoping for a bit more depth of Maddox but we only saw surface Maddox and the odd gloss over of his "real self". Then we come to freaking Paris and seriously WTF was up with the dare to sleep with the other dude. Come on Maddox - Mr Cocky, you must know by now she was freaking in love with you. It's been three years. Then after the Paris trip, we get an epilogue which was like WTH just happened, I am so confused. Epilogues are supposed to be conclusions and after stories, not finish on a cliffhanger that leaves the reader thinking we have missed a giant part of the story.  I am going to read Book #2 when it's released only because of the cliffhanger as I want to find out what happened.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid