Review: The Good Luck Charm - Helena Hunting



Hockey Sticks And Puck Illustration - A Vector Cartoon ...

The Good Luck Charm


Review: The Good Luck Charm - Helena Hunting - August 2018

Being Quarantine time, I am trying to be good and clear a lot of the older books off my devices. I have only read one of Helena Hunting's in the past which was Meet Cute which I loved. I have to admit that I did struggle a bit with this book in terms of that it took me at least a couple of days to read and in part, I had to also persevere as I knew I wanted to finish it. I think for me, it was a very slow -burn romance which is something I am not used to reading as I like my romance like my book speeds - fast-paced and intense. I also found myself finding it difficult to connect to the main female lead Lilah aka DJ aka Delilah Jane - which made me think the last one of DJ from Full House. I get that her heart was broken from Ethan but she went and got married herself and then divorced. During that time, she could have contacted him at any point as the phone works two ways and they had a period of eight years away from each other. The pair reunite after eight years in the hospital as Ethan's father Martin has just had a massive stroke. Ethan is also back as he has been traded to the local Ice Hockey team. Is life-giving them a second chance to connect as the timing also coincides with the finalization of DJ's divorce from Avery. What will happen though when Ethan's life and DJ's end up taking once again different tracks and their time spent together interrupts their plans? I did love the twist at the ending with DJ's family and wished that we had gotten more of that storyline. Overall, The Good Luck Charm was a good read but if you aren't one for slow-burn romances and in this case - I mean SLOOWW then you might want to give this one a miss.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid