Review: Collide - K.Walker




Collide (Madison Falls High, #1)

Review: Collide - Book #1 Madison Falls - K. Walker - November 2019

Reading through the bullymance trope, I feel as to stop them all becoming and feeling the same thing I need to take it in chunks and read it now and again. After taking a few months of break , I have started to get back into it and enjoy it. Like most books, you get some really good ones and others are just average. Unfortunately for me, Collide was one of those borderline Bullymances and I had to push myself to finish it. It won't be a series I will be continuing as it just fell a bit too flat for me. In Collide, our main girl Sophia has just moved to Madison Falls with her mother who has just taken a job for Mr. Humphrys as his nurse. This means she has to start a new school for her senior year and of course, she wishes to be invisible but on her first day, she attracts the attention of not only the hottest guy in school Chad Minor but also Queen B Callie Humphry. I have to admit I was in two minds about this book as I loved the fact that Sophia keeps standing up to Callie and puts Chad in his place. That is right until the last few chapters, where the pair become an item and of course Callie gets jealous. I do feel though that we missed a whole chapter or chunk of book between the last two chapters as it went from one extreme to another and it left me thinking huh? What did I miss and I had to re-read the last page to make sure I hadn't missed anything important, I hadn't so the ending left me confused. Overall, if you are in the mood for a bullymance you could try Collide but for me, it's a hit or miss series.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid