Review: The Killer Across the Table - John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker



The Killer Across the Table: Unlocking the Secrets of Serial Killers and Predators with the FBI's Original Mindhunter

Review: The Killer Across the Table - John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker - May 2019

Lately, I had wanted to get back into reading about Serial Killers and True Crime stories as it has been a few years since I went through this phase last. One of the books I read first was The Killer Across the Table which was fascinating. This story is based on the life of the FBI agent John E. Douglas and contained several interviews with criminals he has done. His interviews were all about profiling them and finding out what was going through their mind just before they killed and during/after the kill. More so their thought patterns etc rather than the act itself. John E. Douglas was also the agent to create the BAU which the TV show Criminal Minds unit was based on. He has also been the inspiration for shows like Mindhunter, Mentalist, and Hannibal movies. As I have always found the psychology behind the crimes and the personalities of the killers fascinating, I loved this book. I even shared quite a few of the pages and things I found interesting with my partner. Though of course, he thinks I'm weird and gets a tad worried when I read about serial killers/criminals and their mindsets. Growing up, I always wanted to be a forensic scientist or a criminologist as this aspect of criminals has always fascinated me from a young age. 
If you have ever wanted to find out what was running through a killer's mind, then check out The Killer across the Table by John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker. The other thing that I loved about this book was unlike other criminal books, this one focused on those more obscure and unknown killers, etc rather than popularised ones like Bundy, Gacy, and Ed Gein.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid