Release tour for Flickering Heart by Tricia T. LaRochelle

Timid college girl, Sara, isn’t looking for any complications, but that doesn’t stop her from falling for playboy, Scott. When a stalker shatters their happiness, Sara must fight to save herself and the man she loves. Readers who love Jamie McGuire and Colleen Hoover will enjoy Flickering Heart by Tricia T. LaRochelle, a steamy, opposites attract romance.

Read Now!

Eighteen-year-old Sara Browne is about to step off a cliff. She is taking a giant leap into the world of college—a normal transition for most—but not for Sara. A car accident that scarred her body and soul—and left her orphaned—has dictated six years of isolation, but that was all in her past. She is ready to leave those dark days behind. Her new goals: make a friend, behave irresponsibly (if she’ll allow herself), and go on an actual date.

The last thing Sara is looking for is a complication, but that is exactly what she finds in the hot, six-foot-three blond named Scott Williams, who she meets at the beginning of the school year. Sara is drawn to Scott in a way that she cannot explain, and he seems just as into her. She wants to trust her heart, but Scott’s promiscuous past keeps creeping into their lives. Jealous ex-girlfriends are one thing, but the stranger who defaces her car, sabotages her laptop, and who sends Sara threatening letters is far worse. Someone is determined to destroy her relationship with Scott and the life Sara is trying so hard to rebuild.

By the time Sara finds out who is behind all the trouble, her life is in shambles and she must fight with every ounce of strength and courage to save herself and the man she loves.

Add to Goodreads!

Excerpt

Copyright 2022 Tricia T. LaRochelle

The following day, I headed to the library to work on a paper I had to write for my Western Civilization class. I needed to use their printer. I passed by Derek and Rick on my way in. They were really chumming it up lately. Rick acted especially happy to see me, but I wasn’t sure why.
“Where are you off to?” Rick asked.
“Oh, hi, Rick. Hey, Derek. Library. I’ve gotta print some stuff off.”
Rick reached into the back pocket of his pastel shorts. “I’ve got a huge credit on my student card if you want to use it.” He opened his wallet.
I put my hand up. “No. That’s okay. I just funded mine ... but thanks anyway.”
He put his wallet back. “I also have a decent printer in my room if you ever need to use it.”
I took a step closer to the library door. “Okay, thanks.”
“I’ll text you and Amy later,” Derek said as the two of them wandered off.
The library housed a small café where you could get Starbucks if you wanted. Rachael was standing in line when I passed by. I wasn’t in the mood for one of her snide comments, so I walked fast so she wouldn’t see me.
I found a study area, sat, and opened my laptop. There was another note waiting for me from Scott: “Thinking about you.”
I sent him a quick text. “I got your note. Thinking about you, too, handsome.” If Amy could have a nickname for everyone, so could I. My mother had often referred to my father as handsome, so it seemed fitting.
An hour of writing, and I hadn’t made much progress, although I had at least put together an outline for my paper, which was due on Monday. I chose the topic: Influence of Classical Greece on the Foundation of Western Civilization. Mind blown. History had never been my subject, but it was part of my core curriculum. Scott had bragged about Jason being a history genius, and I wondered if he had any tips that could help me remember this stuff. I took a bottle of water out of my backpack to quench my thirst while thinking about it. I screwed the top back on my water bottle and sent my file to the printer. As I crossed the library, I thought about Rick’s offer. Did he honestly think I would go to his room to print a document? I swiped my student card and then went through the process of printing my stuff.
When I returned to my study area, my laptop was off, the screen blank. It wouldn’t power up, either. Battery? No, I had just charged it right before I left my dorm. My water bottle was three-quarters full when I had left it a few minutes ago. Now it was empty. A few droplets beaded on the keyboard. I picked up the now empty bottle, which was still upright, not tipped over, its cap secured in place. Had someone opened my bottle, tipped it over, and put the cap back on? What the? I looked around. Nothing about this situation made sense.
That night, I walked to my car to do a grocery run. When I got there, my windows were marred with pink marker, the words “Watch your back,” in all caps. The windshield, the side windows, and the back. They were all covered.
Considering my hypersensitivity to dangerous situations, it was like throwing gasoline on the tinderbox that was my PTSD.

About Tricia T. LaRochelle

Since she was a little girl, Tricia T. LaRochelle has been obsessed with tragic love stories. No beach reads for her. Bring on the grit with a double side of turmoil. She likes to feel the character’s anguish as they fight to overcome obstacles to be together. Growing up in central Vermont, she has seen her share of tragedy but remains a hopeful romantic. She now lives in central Virginia where she continues to foster the possibilities of how love can conquer all.

Flickering Heart is the first book in the Sara Browne Series. Stay tuned for updates and announcements on Instagram, Twitter, or sign up for her email list at TriciaLaRochelle.com.

Follow: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Amazon | Goodreads | Pinterest | Newsletter

This promotional event is brought to you by Indie Pen PR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid