VBT# Aqua Paws - Patricia Allieri and Illustrated by Stella Maris





Aqua Paws: A book about Friendship, Courage, and the Ocean - Kindle edition  by Allieri, Patricia, Maris, Stella. Children Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.



VBT# Review - Aqua Paws - Patricia Allieri and Stella Maris - April 2023

Aqua Paws was such a cute little picture book and beautifully illustrated by Stella Maris. I enjoyed this book as we meet our Kitten who wants to swim but he's scared, it's not the water that scares him but what is beneath the surface, especially crabs. As someone who isn't a confident swimmer, I related to this cat as I would probably swim more in the ocean but what scares me is not knowing what's beneath the surface and I have a fear of crabs and jellyfish as I don't want to be snipped or stung while swimming. I dream of snorkeling but being around all those sea creatures while I am swimming at the same time freaks me out. After reading this book, I have decided I need to be brave like the cat in this book as if he can do it, I suppose I could too. The other thing I loved about Aqua Paws is that recently I was chatting to the author and learned that she had written this book and based the cat on her kitty Jack. I always find books like this a bit more special when based on true stories as they are easier to relate to and can use them in school visits and family time as learning opportunities. Aqua Paws is the perfect water safety read for children aged 3-6 years old and one all families and cat lovers should give a read.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3mfMbl9







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid