Review: My Little Pony - Little Fillies ( Classics Reimagined)





Little Women (TV Mini Series 2017) - IMDb




Review: My Little Pony - #Classics Reimagined - Little Fillies - November 2022


When I saw this graphic novel on Netgalley, I knew I had to give it a go as it combined not only a favourite trope of mine - Classics Reimagined but also two of my favourite things - My Little Ponies and Little Women. Lately, I had been thinking alot about Little Women as I recently read the book "Hello Beautiful" by Ann Napolintano which covered the same theme of being loosely based on Little Women. In My Little Pony - Little Fillies we have our My Little Ponies Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Rarity who appear in the book as the famous March sisters - Beth, Amy, Jo and Meg. We also have Applejack as Laurie and Pinkie Pie as the girls mum Marmee. This was a cute and fun read and if you want to get your young daughters into the classics and needing an introduction that isn't as daunting as the actual novels, then Little Fillies novel is perfect for girls aged 6-10 years old as with the characters as My Little Ponies - it appeals to their interests and then with the fact it's a graphic novel, it makes it easier to read and more enjoyable than staring at a lot of random words on a page.
Also if they do find themselves really loving the story, then you can move them onto the actual book as the story has already captured their attention . I am a proud supporter of using graphic novels to encourage reading, especially for some of those books that can be daunting or not normally their interests. I look forward to seeing what other Classics Reimagined the Little Ponies will do - maybe some Austen or Brontes or other stories like Heidi, Pollyanna and Anne of Green Gables.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid