VBT# The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks - Max Monroe


The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks (The Jerk Duet, #1)

Review: The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks - Book #1 Jerk Duet - Max Monroe - October 2018
This book has been drawing me in and calling me to read it over the past week, due to its excellent cover. Even though the cover is subtle and minimalistic, I think its the fuschia title that has had me crushing hard for it. In this book, we meet Luciana aka Lucky Wright, who as we learn is anything but Lucky when it comes to her relationship choices. Her best friend Allie wants the best for her, so sends her to the other side of the world for a jerk rehab detox. During this time Lucky meets Ollie who is Allie's brother and a handsome player at that. Lucky knows she should stay away, but guys like him draw her in as we all know that nice guy feel like she's kissing her brother if she had one. This book is written in a reflection mode and formatted in the style of a podcast script. One of my favorite parts of this book would have to be the letters to her ex-boyfriends - this could mainly be a still riding from the hype and enjoyment of the movie PS - To All The Boys I Loved.  I am now in two minds looking forward to Book #2 of the Duet - though in one aspect I really want to read it to see how things end, I am always on the fence with POV novels as this is basically Book #1 but with Ollie's POV, so it could go either way for me. Overall, Book#1 was a great read.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid