Review: The Bridal Party - JG Murray









Review: The Bridal Party - JG Murray - March 2019

I was in a bit of a slump this morning as I tried at least four books and nothing was grabbing me at all, I was about to give up when I figured I would give The Bridal Party a go as I love these revenge-type stories where one by one dies or something similar happens and a nasty truth is revealed. This book starts ominously with a blood-dripping suitcase appearing on the airport baggage claim and then jumps to the present time where it is Clarisse's Hen Party, she is getting married and her maid of honour has booked a weekend away and a murder mystery evening for Clarisse and her friends. All seems well until the Maid of Honour suddenly vanishes and the friends discover their costumes have been changed and things seem a little tense in the air as they have been cut off from civilization. As the evening progresses, we learn that Clarisse was engaged once four years ago when her fiance Noah vanished without a trace, now she is getting married to James - a nicer guy but the Clarisse, they knew before Noah is gone. During the evening strange things occur and the girls know that somebody out there knows all about their camping trip four years ago and the last time they all saw Noah. For four years, Clarisse's friends have been keeping a dark and deadly secret and now it looks like someone or a group of people are desperate to expose their secrets and paint them in a bad light if they aren't careful, they might not survive the night. I have to admit I saw half of the twist coming but the complete picture surprised me and I went from feeling sorry for one of the characters to absolutely hating them by the end of the book as it turned out they were a manipulative vindictive cow. If you love revenge trope stories, scavenger hunts, and murder mysteries then The Bridal Party by JG Murray is the read for you.


Amazon:  https://amzn.to/3lmwuYW





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid