Review: The Art of Being Friends - Jessica Sorensen








Review: The Art of Being Friends - Book #1 The Art of Being Friends Series - Jessica Sorensen - April 2020

I am always left with mixed emotions when I finish any book by Jessica Sorensen, the first is excitement as I know that before I start any of her books I will love it and end up enjoying it and feeling for her damaged and broken characters. She was one of the first New Adult authors that I read many moons ago and an author, I will always love. The second is sadness as I also know that she is similar to the author Scarlett Haven who write a great first book and then they don't end up finishing the darn series and writes book 2 or a conclusion and you as a reader is left hanging and just hoping or in my case making up your ending of the series and conclusions. Years ago, we learn that Raven's parents were killed or murdered and Raven for some reason blames herself for it, she now lives with her uncle who is the sheriff, and his wife and child. The uncle is a sadistic brute who is not only abusive but corrupt towards Raven, his wife is the epitome of an evil stepmother and then her cousin is a manipulative barbie doll. I honestly really feel for Raven and my heart bleeds for her.  She starts a new school in a small town called Honeyton and captures the attention of the three resident hotties Hunter, Jax, and Zay - these three are just as damaged as Raven and don't let anyone into their circle, but it seems that they might just make an exception for Raven and in return- she can help them dig up dirt on her family and even maybe learn more about her past.  The other thing I loved about this book was Raven's full name - Ravenlee Wynterwillow overall, I loved this book but sadly I can't finish the series and find out the truth about Raven's family, but it certainly hit the spot to kick me out of my reading slump.

Amazon:  https://amzn.to/3ZcIJpT




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid