Review: Stay Awake - Megan Goldin








Review: Stay Awake - Megan Goldin - August 2022

This is one author I first discovered a couple of years ago when she released her book The Night Swim. I enjoyed it, so I decided to go back and read her backlist which at the time and I loved all her books. So I decided to add this author to my auto-read list and when I saw she had published Stay Awake that went onto my library hold list. The book starts with Liv - our main female character waking up in the back of a cab with no recollection of her night. She arrives at her apartment only to discover it's not and there is no sign of her roommate Amy. Liv also has lots of pen marks and notes written on her skin including the words - Stay Awake and Don't Fall Asleep. We then learn that every time Liv falls asleep, she forgets the past two years and is right back to just before the fateful night she witnessed her best friend's and boyfriend's murder and was left for dead.  When a guy from Liv's past turns up dead with the message "Stay Awake" written in blood - Liv finds herself the prime suspect in his murder but how can she be sure she did it if she keeps forgetting everything about the past two years every time she falls asleep? What's worse is it looks like the killer of her past is after her but with Liv's amnesia, how can she keep herself safe if she can't remember and stay awake and turns into a crazy hot mess? What do you do if you can't sleep but need to sleep at the same time? Find out in this twisted thriller that I have to admit, I did not see the killer coming when revealed at the end and by the end of the book, I felt sadness for Liv and wanted to wrap her in cotton wool and keep her safe as she felt like a lost puppy. I am now looking forward to reading her next upcoming book "Dark Corners".


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3YpKD5k













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid