Review: Murder Road - Simone St James








Review: Murder Road - Simone St James - March 2024

Every year, I try and pick an author that has been on my mind and go through their backlist of books and read everything by them. This year, I had a couple of authors and one of those was Simone St James. After finishing this one I have only two left to read. I have found her a hit/miss author. Four of her books I have enjoyed and three have been DNF. Murder Road was one of those hits for me which I guessed it would be as the storyline was one I was interested in. This book starts with Eddie and April Carter who are newlyweds and traveling on their way to the Five Pines Inn for their honeymoon. Driving along the interstate, Eddie takes a wrong turn and they end up on a deserted road in the middle of the night. While driving along, they come across a young girl who needs their help - Rhonda Jean. She has been injured and by the time they get her to the hospital, she is dead and Eddie and April find themselves stuck in a small town and looked at as Murderers and suspects. Eddie and April realize that they won't be able to leave this town until they are clear so they begin their investigations which will lead them down the rabbit hole of other deaths along the road, urban legends, and their own family's dark secrets and histories are revealed.  This book was set in July 1995 and also like Simone St James's other stories have a paranormal ghostly aspect. It did get me thinking about this book, as back in the early to mid 90's - picking up hitchhikers and hitchhiking was a thing of the world and these days, though we use Uber and apps like that - hitchhiking is frowned upon and a warning signs of "Don't Get in Cars with Strangers' are plastered everywhere.  I now have two books left to try and then I will be up to date with Simone St James's booklists and look forward to seeing what else she brings to the bookworld.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/4gdvFcD





 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author