Review: Before We Were Strangers - Renee Carlino



Before We Were Strangers


Review: Before We Were Strangers - Renee Carlino - August 2015

If there is one storyline that I am a true sucker for then it is the second chance at love storyline. There has always been something about it that has haunted me and everytime I read about it, it also makes me not only swoon but hope that what I am going through is my second chance and will end like these characters - though I do have to remind myself often that our lives can't always be like the book characters - wouldn't it be totally great though if they did. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated by true love stories that involve the second chance romance line. So when I saw the book Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino, I just knew that it was one book that I would have to read and I loved it.  In present time - we meet Matt whose ex-wife Elizabeth has just announced her pregnancy to her new husband Brad and to top it off they both work with Matt at the National Geographical Magazine office . He can't stop thinking about his life and the one who got away - Grace and then one day while out at lunch - he spots Grace getting on the subway train. It's just a glimpse but it brings back flooding memories. Especially since they have not seen or spoken to each other in fifteen years.  Matt with the insistence of his friend and boss decides to place a missed connections ad to Grace. Meanwhile one of Grace's music students spot the add and they get together. The novel then jumps back fifteen years ago when they first met and their whirlwind college friendship that bloomed innocently into a relationship and eventually marriage. Then life got in the way, college internships, jobs , opportunities and the two despite their strong love for each other went their ways with hopes to reunite but it never happened.  The novel then again jumps back to present time and alot has happened in Fifteen years , especially for Grace who assumed that Matt just forgot about her and moved on with his life as she has a secret she must think about before jumping back to him. Has Love and Life given Matt and Grace a second chance at romance and a second chance at what should have been their romantic moment in life ?
Find out in this amazing book "Before We Were Strangers" by Renee Carlino.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid