Review: The Chosen - Emma Calin



The Chosen (Love in a Hopeless Place, #3)

Review: The Chosen - Book #3 Love in a Hopeless Place - Emma Calin - July 2012

Ever read a book that has left you thinking "huh, what did I just read ?" . To me, that was exactly my thoughts after finishing The Chosen by Emma Calin. I picked this up off my kindle as I was in the mood for a quick read and yes, since it is a short story it was a quick read but as I got into the book. I was like , to myself "what am I reading?" as it was confusing and didn't make much sense to me. As the book starts off with these two guys and one of them is a quick rich guy who has just got himself a mail-order bride (well that's what it sounded like to me) and he's talking about this big payday coming in and how his luck is changing for the best. Then him and his friend decide to come up with a plan to get insurance money by crashing their truck. The thing is though as this is happening, an actual accident occurs and leaves one of them dead and the other alive - the one dead was the guy who had this new life planned and the alive one goes to the new bride and the last words were "You were chosen" and story ends. To be honest, I am not sure exactly what I read but it seems that the moral of the story is if you are lucky, don't put all your eggs in one basket as everything can change in a second and also Karma can be a pain in the buttocks.
I am curious to see if anyone else has read this book and welcome any thoughts on the short story as right through the story , I did feel as if I was missing something important.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid