Review: With this Ring - Alexx Andria



With This Ring

Review: With This Ring - #Wedding Seasons Novella - Alexx Andria - June 2019
Some nights you just need a book that you don't have to think a lot about and one that is a real quick read. That was when I discovered the new novella series Wedding Seasons done by a collection of authors who every couple of months bring out together a novella series. In With This Ring, we meet Beau's work-partner - Jared. Those who have read the Flowers Series will remember Beau's story from His Dahlia novella. Beau and Jared work in an office that looks like a prison with grey everywhere and Beau has hired a friend's sister Kit to help them as she is skilled in interior design. When Jared and Kit meet you can tell straight away that they are complete opposites and definitely clash in personalities. Of course, you know how stories like this will go with the word "Wedding Season" and a title like "With this Ring" as Jared and Kit finally get over their hump and have a HEA. It is a real quick read and though overall I liked the HEA there were a few parts of this novella that frustrated me and made me antagonize over. One was the sending of a "meat basket" and the fact that Kit got terribly offended like I found way OTT and the reveal of Kit's real name - even from a hippie's POV it could be debatable. I did like the parts with Beau and Dahlia as you got to see further proof of their HEA. In rating this book, though I gave it three P’s – it is definitely a borderline 3 for me as I did manage to finish the book.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid