Review: Roar - Cecelia Ahern



Roar

Review: Roar - Cecelia Ahern - April 2019
When I saw that Cecelia Ahern had released a new book, it went automatically on to my reading list as I have always been a fan of her books whether it be her adult romance or her YA dystopian.  I wasn't 100% sure what to expect from Roar except that it would be a collection of short stories. I have to admit it was a weird collection of short stories but they each had a common thread of feminism and being about strong woman or women that needed to recognize their own strength to make themselves worthwhile. Roar is a reminder to woman to unleash their own powerful Roar and to stand up for themselves in the world as if you won't stand up for yourself then no-one else will and like one of the stories tells us if we don't use our voices, then we will become invisible to the world and become a doormat. This is a shorter review as I always find it hard to write reviews based on short story collections. But will finish on this quote "I am Woman, Hear Me ROAR".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid