Review: Naked or Dead - AE Murphy and Xela Knight



Naked or Dead

Review: Naked or Dead - A.E Murphy and Xela Knight - September 2019


Wow, where to start with this book except that one of my friends had told me to read it at least 50x before I finally got around to reading it. I had grabbed it as the cover drew me in as this is one of the best covers I have seen in a long time. I didn't know exactly what to expect, just that I had high expectations that it would be amazing. Normally when I have really high expectations for a book, it can be a bit of a letdown but OMG this book even exceeded my high expectations as it was an amazing mind-twisting novel. All the crazy twists and turns I didn't see coming and when truths and secrets were revealed - you as the reader are just blown away as you continue reading as you want more or in this case need more. The book starts with twins Lilith and Willow moving to a smalltown where their mum is an environmental scientist. Lilith starts school but Willow is at home as she is dying. Lilith starts school with revenge on her mind as years ago when the twins were sixteen, they suffered an atrocious tragedy that left them both broken and scarred. Lilith sets her sights on Nok - one of the local Indians from the reservation. He has grown to hate whites but there is something about Lilith and her craziness that draws him in. Nok's brother Nash also wants Lilith and so we see some competition occurring. What happens though when Lilith starts to actually fall for Nok and the twins' plan starts to collapse and so Willow decides as her dying wish to take things into her own hands and finish what Lilith had started. Can Lilith stop Willow from destroying the one thing she has that is good in the world or will it be too late? If you only get to read one AMAZING book for 2019, then please make it Naked or Dead as you won't regret it. This would have to be one of my top reads for 2019 which as someone who has read over 300+ books this year and I am extremely fussy with my reads, that is saying something.  I now can't wait to read the author's next book Dance or Die and hope it will be just as great.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid