Review: Lux - Courtney Cole



Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)

Review: Lux -Book #3 The Nocte Trilogy - Courtney Cole - October 2015

I have to admit that this book has been on my kindle since 2015 and has been another one that I just hadn't gotten around to reading until now when I was searching through my kindle. I had read Books #1 and #2 in 2014/2015 and so it has been four years since I last dived into this series. I think for myself I probably shouldn't have left it that long as some parts had me a little confused and thinking what's going on as I had to rack my brain and remember what I had read in the previous books and also connecting the dots of Who's who in the series.  Lux has a past/present feel to the novel as we read about Calla's lives of spending summers with her mother's family in England and how she first met Dare whom we knew as her boyfriend in the first two books. There is a dangerous curse in the family and now things have been disrupted as Calla loves Dare and isn't supposed to as she is expected to keep their bloodlines nice and pure. We learn that bad things happen if they don't go through it and that more often than not sacrifices are to be made and in each generation only one twin if the rituals aren't followed through will survive to the next. Can Calla and Dare break the curse or will sacrifices in the terms of Calla's twin brother and mother have to be made? Who will survive in this strange survival of the fittest? In a way, I found that Lux reminded me strongly of the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl when the main character had to decide whether to be dark or light and embrace her destiny and choose her fate. If you are wanting a psychological thriller with a hint of supernatural going-on's then check out Courtney Cole's Nocte series, starting with Book #1 Nocte and trust me, don't be like me and leave it too long between books as otherwise you probably won't enjoy the series as much.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid