Review: R.I.P.D City of the Damned - Jeremy Barlow, Peter Lenkov, Patrick Thorpe (Editor), Tony Parker (Illustrator)




Review: R.I.P.D  City of the Damned -  Jeremy Barlow, Peter Lenkov, Patrick Thorpe (Editor), Tony Parker (Illustrator)- June 2013

Every now and again, I go through little phases where I like to read graphic novels and surprising more often than not the graphic novels have had either TV series or movies based on them and recently I watched the movie R.I.P.D which stands for the "Rest in Peace Department" it's where the cops go after they die and their job is to hunt the dead souls still walking the earth.  This graphic novel is based on Roy's life and how he A) became part of the R.I.P.D and his learning the ropes and B) the mission to hunt down the souls which are originating from an area known as the Black Pit . This has a personal connection to Roy and makes him remember back as he died here and he is one of the only people still alive that has a connection or can actually say they have been here and escaped.  Like always, if you aren't really a big reader and enjoy looking at pictures then graphic novels are the way to go as people they are still considered books and reading material.
 This graphic novel is also the "prequel" to the movie , so if you have watched the movie and enjoyed it , then check out this graphic novel today.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

COVER REVEAL - Subscriber Wars by Kristy Marie