Review: Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs ? - Caitlin Doughty

Image result for Death

Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death

Review: Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs ? - Caitlin Doughty - September 2019

As soon as I saw this book come into the teen area at work, I knew I had to read it as come on, who wouldn't want to know if their cat - their most beloved pet would eat their eyeballs after they die? Caitlin Doughty is a mortician and has written a book filled with crazy questions that she has been asked from kids all around the world. This was amazing as I always knew that kids had amazing imaginations and were curious creatures and this book has proved it.  Death is something that we all know is certain though of course with technology who knows what could happen in the future. If you are looking for a book that will have you laughing out loud as the writing of Caitlin Doughty is hilarious and humorous but in a way that it comes out as a matter of fact and purely logical. This book also contains a lot of facts that I wasn't aware of and comes with a few historical events, so the children or anyone older like myself can learn things as well as read a book that will make you laugh and be taught something in the process. Something that really stuck out to me and I ended up googling it was the BodyWorks Exhibition where people have donated their bodies and now their bodies are on display doing things like playing soccer or scuba diving. Couldn't do an activity in life, now you can donate your body to the exhibition and do it in death. According to the book, at the end of the exhibition - people can sign-up to donate their bodies after death and they received millions of sign-ups. I think I would rather be having fun in death than having my ashes sitting in a box on someone's mantlepiece or being stuck in a box in the ground.  You can also follow the author Caitlin Doughty on Instagram which is what I did as soon as I finished this book. Her Instagram handle is @thegooddeath. This is the perfect book to gift your child or teen if they have started to ask questions about Death and the afterlife.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid