Review: The Mistletoe Motive - Chloe Liese








Review: The Mistletoe Motive - Chloe Liese - December 2021

Have you ever felt that you just don't quite fit in and that life can be a little awkward sometimes? That you wish there were book characters a little more like you? Then Chloe Liese is the author for you. I love this author as she writes all her characters with some kind of disability representation whether it be a simple medical issue like Diabetes or Celiac disease to a proper disability diagnosis like Deafness or Autism/Aspergers Spectrum. Growing up in my family, my mum and two siblings were on the Autistic spectrum and despite myself not being diagnosed, I do know that I have a couple of traits - very hard not to when the genetic link is very strong. My grandfather, some of his family members, some of my cousins, nephews, etc. The other thing I loved about this book was it covered my favorites from being set in a bookshop to the whole online meeting and #meetcute. Set at Christmas time, we have The Mistletoe Motive where we meet two co-workers who are opposites from Mr. Grumpy aka Jonathan to Ms.Sunshine Gabby. They both work at a cute homely bookstore called Bailey's and been given the bad news that one of them will be let go if the sales don't increase which sets a competition for the Christmas season. During this time though, sparks fly and we read as Jonathan and Gabby discover that they aren't that different and that opposites do attract in this Christmas romance - they both just needed that extra push from friends and family to see what was right in front of them.  If you are in the mood for a Midwinter Christmas read, then check out The Mistletoe Motive by Chloe Liese, as you won't be disappointed. I can’t wait to get back into her Bergman Brothers series and read the three books I am missing to finish her booklist.

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3OdYDgm




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid