Review: Initium - Courtney Cole








Review: Initium - Book #2.5 Nocte Series - Courtney Cole - September 2015

What does one do when they feel themselves in a bit of a slump and want something to read and hit the spot but can't decide? They end up scrolling and end up clicking on an older title that has been sitting on the Kindle for years. Have you ever read a series but left it in between each book for far too long? That was me with this one as I had to go back and re-read my reviews of Books 1-3 in the Nocte Series. I got the gist of it and then went to read this one and I felt myself confused again as the characters didn't quite match up with names I had read previously. That was until one of the baby's names was revealed Adair DuBray aka Dare DuBray - Calla's boyfriend. Initium is the story of Adair's birth and how his mum Olivia was promised to an evil man named Richard but her heart belonged to Philip DuBray, a mysterious handsome guy she never could be fully with. This book talks about the family curse where one twin will live and the other dies - which we saw with Calla and Finn and the curse of the mother going mad if she doesn't give one up at birth which is what happened to Calla's mother.  This was a quick yet weird read and I still have questions about what I read it made me fully question whether I either waited too long to read this or if it's not just me and the book was an afterthought novella as judging by some of the other reviews I am not alone in my thoughts.  All I can say is that if you are wanting an insight into Dare's birth story and origin and are not afraid of a dark romance read then check out Initium by Courtney Cole.


Amazon
: https://amzn.to/3rGtRUE






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid