Review: The Lies I Tell - Julie Clark









Review: The Lies I Tell - Julie Clark - June 2022

This book has been on my reading wishlist since its release a couple of years ago. I finally found it on the Library Libby App and gave it a read and I enjoyed it. I also have a major #covercrush on this book, isn't it amazing and TDF? In The Lies I Tell we meet two females Kat and Meg. Meg is a con artist, drifter, and a bit of a Robin Hood-type female as she targets men who deserve it and then gives money and items to those who have been wronged. Kat was a reporter and ten years ago when the story broke about Cory Dempsey - a principal arrested and exposed for sex with his students, she was on the team gathering facts. That was until she went to meet Cory's friend Nate and then tragedy happened and Kat left the journalism world and began writing fluff pieces and Meg disappeared into the wilderness. Now Ten Years later, Meg has popped back into the same town as Kat, and this time she is determined to finally expose Meg and get her revenge for what happened the first time around Kat believes if it wasn't for Meg, she would have been busy writing for the New York Times etc. The Lies I Tell is told from both Kat and Meg's POV and flips between past/present from 10 years ago leading up to the present. What will happen when the two collide and become friends? Will Kat expose her or let her get away? Will Meg give Kat the story of a lifetime as she's too tired of running? Find out in The Lies I Tell by Julie Clark.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/48tH1VO



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid